Summer Berry Trifle
Makes: 8 servings
- Clean the berries (if using strawberries, hull them and cut in half) and place in a large bowl.
- Add superfine sugar, juice and liqueur and stir gently until berries are covered.
- Cover and set aside for at least one hour to let the combination macerate.
- Cut the Otis Spunkmeyer Golden Crème Cakes into fourths (you should have about 6 cups) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat together the cream, confectioner’s sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, using clean beaters and with the mixer on medium-high speed, beat the mascarpone until soft. Using a rubber spatula, fold the whipped mascarpone into the whipped cream until evenly blended.
- (In place of the above 2 steps, you can make vanilla pudding using directions on the box.)
- In a large flat-bottomed glass bowl, arrange a single layer of the Golden Crème Cake pieces in the bottom of the bowl.
- Spoon one-third of the berries over the cake and then spread one-third of the mascarpone mixture (or pudding) over the berries.
- Repeat the layers twice, finishing with a layer of the mascarpone mixture (or pudding).
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- 15 Otis Spunkmeyer Golden Crème Cakes, cut into fourths.
- 2lb. mixed berries, such as strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries
- 1/2lb. mascarpone cheese, at room temperature (or cream cheese)
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- 1/4 Cup superfine sugar
- 1/4 Cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 Cup orange liqueur (or more orange juice)
- 1/4 Cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract