- 8 Otis Spunkmeyer Golden Crème Cakes
- 1 cup of your favorite ice cream
- 1 swiss meringue:
- 5 egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk for garnish
- Cut crème cakes in half.
- Using a small melon ball scooper, fill scooper half way and top bottom half of crème cake. Repeat on the other side of the crème cake until entire bottom piece is topped with ice cream.
- Once ice cream is scooped onto bottom half of crème cake, cover with the top segment. Place on a plate or baking sheet, cover with parchment or plastic wrap and place in freezer for 1 hour or overnight.
- Prepare swiss meringue. Whisk egg whites and sugar together in the bowl of a stand mixer. Place the bowl of the stand mixer over a double boiler and heat, stirring occasionally until egg whites are warm and sugar is dissolved.
- Return bowl to stand mixer and whip with whisk attachment on medium high until stiff peaks form. Add salt and vanilla extract and whip for a minute longer to combine. Cool slightly before using.
- Take crème cakes from freezer and transfer to a serving dish. Using an off set spatula, cover with meringue all around.
- Using a propane torch, brown meringue.
- Add sweetened condensed milk to base of dish. Serve immediately.