- 12 Otis Spunkmeyer Frosted Chocolate Crème cakes, cut in thirds
- 1 packaged instant chocolate pudding
- 1 salted caramel sauce
- cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, cut into 6 pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 whipped cream
- 1 cup heavy cream additional pinch of sea salt for garnish
* additional pinch of sea salt for garnish
- Whipped cream: in a medium bowl, using a hand mixer to beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Salted caramel: heat granulated sugar in a medium saucepan over medium high heat stirring constantly with a rubber spatula. Sugar will eventually melt into a thick amber liquid. Be careful while stirring. Once sugar is completely melted, immediately add the butter. Be careful, caramel will bubble rapidly when butter is added. Stir in the butter until completely melted, 2-3 minutes. Slowly drizzle in heavy cream while stirring. Allow to boil for 1 minute then stir in sea salt. Allow to cool before serving.
- Arrange parfait glasses. Fill base with three pieces of frosted chocolate crème cake. Layer chocolate pudding over top matching the height of the cakes. Add a thin layer of salted caramel. Repeat layer of frosted crème cake, pudding and caramel.
- Finish with layer of whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel and a sprinkle of sea salt.