- 4 Otis Spunkmeyer Chocolate Cookies (reserve some cookie crumbs for decorating your pie)
- 5 tsp. Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 3 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp. Mint Extract
- Process the Otis Spunkmeyer Double Chocolate Cookies in a food processor until they form a crumb mixture. Pour the cookie crumbs into a mixing bowl and add the melted butter. Mix this together until it is combined.
- Press the mixture into a pie pan, making a smooth base and sides with your hands or the back of a spoon. Put this into the refrigerator to chill to harden.
- In a saucepan over low gentle heat, heat the whole milk with the fresh mint leaves. Once the milk starts to foam, take off of heat and set aside. Allow to steep together for 20 minutes.
- Strain the mint from the milk and place milk back into the saucepan over low gentle heat. Add the marshmallows to the saucepan and heat. Once the milk starts to foam (not boil), take off the heat and keep stirring until the marshmallows melt into the milk.
- Pour the mixture out into a heatproof bowl, then whisk in the mint extract. Leave until cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the cream until it starts to hold soft peaks. Once soft peaks form, while still whisking, add the cooled marshmallow mixture. This filling should be thick but still soft, not dry, so that it is easy to scoop out of the bowl into the chilled pie crust.
- Spread the filling into the chilled chocolate pie crust base, swirling it about with a spatula to fill evenly. Put the pie in the refrigerator, covered, to chill overnight or for a minimum of 4 hours until firm.
- Take the remaining crushed cookie and sprinkle it over the top of the pie, add a garnish of fresh mint if desired.