- 6 Otis Spunkmeyer chocolate chunk cookies
- Natural parchment paper for wrapping
- 3 cups of raw unsalted hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons hazelnut oil (sub coconut oil or neutral vegetable oil)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place hazelnuts on a lined baking sheet in a single layer. Roast in over for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from over and allow to cool slightly. Transfer to a kitchen towel and roll out nuts to remove most of the skins.
- Add hazelnuts to a food processor and blend until a butter is formed. Scrape down the sides as needed. Should take 8-10 minutes to come together.
- Heat chocolate over a double boiler until melted. Set aside.
- Once hazelnut butter is creamy and smooth add the melted chocolate, sea salt and vanilla. Blend/pulse until well incorporated.
- Arrange cookies to make sandwiches with one side top down. Spread homemade chocolate hazelnut spread over top of one half of the cookie. Cover with second cookie.
- Wrap with parchment paper. Seal with tape or twine and it is ready for the lunchbox.