- 6 packages of chocolate crème cakes
- 6 oz white candy melts
- 6 oz chocolate candy melts
- 1 sprinkle of decorative nonpareils
- Take crème cakes out of packaging and place into a mixing bowl.
- Using your hands mix together all of the crème cakes until filling and cake are well incorporated.
- Line a quarter sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Roll crème cake mixture into 1inch balls and set on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to harden.
- Just before you are ready to dip them and not a minute sooner, prepare your candy melts.
- Place white candy melts into a microwave safe bowl. Do the same for the chocolate candy melts.
- Microwave candy melts according to directions on the package. Or place candy melts into a fondue serving bowl and stir until melted.
- Dip hardened cake truffles into candy melt and using a spoon thoroughly coat entire surface.
- Using a fork remove cake truffle from candy melts and gently shake off excess candy melts.
- Return to parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle immediately with desired topping before candy coating fully hardens.
- Repeat with remaining cake truffles.
- Once all of the cake truffles have been coated and topped, return the baking sheet to the refrigerator for 10 minutes to firm up.
You can arrange your chocolate crème cake truffles on a plate.